Friday, May 31 – Sunday, June 2
Anvil Retreat: Psalm 23
We’re all about practicing the way of Jesus. One of the things Jesus did was rest. So, once a year as a church community we take a weekend to recharge and refocus. In previous years we called this retreat ‘Family Camp,’ but we recognize not everyone comes up as a family so, we’ve changed the name.
This is a great time for us do some outdoors activities, share great talks, and enjoy one another’s company.
We’ll have three Chapel talks during the Retreat. The theme of this year’s Chapel talks is Psalm 23. Psalm 23 is one of the most famous Psalms of the Bible. It casts a vision of God as a Shepherd who guides, provides, and protects His Sheep. God is the one who provides all that needed for life. Over three talks Pastor Alex will break down this powerful and encouraging Psalm.
How much does it cost?
Friday to Sunday – $75/person.
Saturday to Sunday – $65/person.
Children 5 yeas and under are free.
Is there a schedule?
7:00PM – First boat leaves from Lion’s Bay
7:45PM – Second boat leaves
– Snack/Dinner on arrival
9:00PM – Free-time Socializing
11:00PM Lights out
8:30AM – Breakfast
9:00AM – Boat leaves from Lion’s Bay
10:00AM – Chapel
11:30AM – Free Time
12:30PM – Lunch
1:30PM – Free Time: Boating, Fishing, Hiking, Frisbee Golf, Soccer, Basketball, etc.
6:00PM – Dinner
7:30PM – Chapel
9:30PM – Camp Fire, Free Time
11:00PM – Lights out
8:30AM – Breakfast
10:00AM – Chapel Time
11:30AM – Clean-up cabins and camp,
12:30PM – Lunch
3:00PM – Daybreak Boat leaves Anvil for Lions Bay
3:15PM – Water Taxi leaves Anvil for Lions Bay
Where is the Retreat Located? How do we get there?
The Retreat is located at Daybreak Point Bible Camp, which is on Anvil Island. The island is located in the Howe Sound. It can be seen when driving down the Sea to Sky Highway in Squamish.
People must meet at Lion’s Bay Marina (Address: 60 Lions Bay Ave, Lions Bay, BC V0N 2E0). From here we take a water taxi directly to the Camp. Paid parking is available at the Marina for the weekend. Sometimes you can find parking just above the train tracks prior to entering the Marina. While the water taxi costs are covered in your payment, the parking costs are not covered.
What are the accomodations like?
The Camp is equipped with 10 ‘basic’ camper cabins. Each is equipped with a washroom (no shower) and 5-6 bunk beds with mattresses. Bedding is not provided. Check out www.anvilisland.ca to see some photos of the Camp.
Showers are located beneath the dining hall.
Note: Washrooms are on a Septic System – please be considerate.
What should I pack?
Pillow and Sheets
Flashlight (Also needed for the night game!)
Warm clothes for fireside
Dark/old clothes for Mission Impossible game
Rain Jacket/ Boots
Are there rules we need to know?
Daybreak Point Bible Camp has the following rules:
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Caretaker will advise you of any specific ‘rules’ depending on various construction projects etc; however, there are a few general facility regulations we ask all renting parties to abide by:
1) The Island is powered by a generator; the maximum time for the generator to be used is 17 hours a day; please plan accordingly
2) The camp property is non-smoking. For members of your group who do smoke – please see caretaker for the smoking area of the camp. All smoking must be done in this location and no where else on the island
3) No Firearms, Alcohol, Drugs, Cannabis Products, Vaping, Pets or Explosives. No candles in any buildings. No open flames in any buildings or on the camp property outside of the designated areas (fire ban may be in effect, please confirm with caretaker).
4) Provincial Health Regulations require that any camp for children 14 and under must have a
nurse or F.A.A. attendant on site at all times
5) Adult supervision for all waterfront activities is required. Please review the posted rules and regulations. Swimming and boating is to be done under supervision by a qualified lifeguard. No boating is to done outside the two main bays.
6) Absolutely no graffiti, no removal of mattresses from cabins, no damage whatsoever to the camp property.
7) Camp clean up, daily garbage routines and kitchen care rules are posted on-site; the caretaker will supplement them if necessary. These must be followed to ensure the camp remains in good condition.
8) Please obey all out-of-bound signs posted on the property.
Got another Question?
No problem. Gloria Edgecombe is helping with registrations and would be happy to answer your questions. You can email Gloria by clicking here.
Ready to register for Anvil Retreat ? Great!
Step 1: Click on the button below, fill in your information and pay.
Note: In order to register online you need to pay with a credit card. If you prefer to pay via cash or cheque you may do so by printing out this form and bringing to church on a Sunday. Click here for the Anvil Retreat 2019 Form.
*Once you’ve completed registered and paid you will receive confirmation of payment email from Tithe.ly Events.